Sometimes you don’t need to turn to yoga or gym or a zumba class to get fitter, firmer and in shape. Head to a party with good music that will keep you on your feet for hours and you might just be able to do all of those things while having absolute fun. Goa Gil, a guru and DJ says that Dance is Active Meditation adding to the notion that it could in fact be considered a variant to fdancing provided you have the right skills to use all the muscles you need to work out.
Since we’re blessed to have an array of many genres of upbeat dance music you won’t be starved for finding a place to go instead of having to be with other people working out. Consider the dance floor to be your gym (a pretty cool place to call a gym!) and start by getting your heart rate up as you dance and don’t worry if there isn’t anyone to dance with you.
Here are some of the benefits dancing offers your body:
- improved condition of your heart and lungs
- increased muscular strength, endurance and motor fitness
- increased aerobic fitness
- improved muscle tone and strength
- weight management
- stronger bones and reduced risk of osteoporosis
- better coordination, agility and flexibility
- improved balance and spatial awareness
- increased physical confidence
- improved mental functioning
- improved general and psychological wellbeing
- greater self-confidence and self-esteem
Image Credit : http://liststrivia.com/top-10-easy-ways-to-reduce-weight/