Our country’s constantly shifting climate means that we are often plagued by colds and bouts of flu. The key to staying healthy is simply maintaining a strong immune system that acts as a defence against viruses and germs.
There are a few simple steps that we can take to ensure that your immune system is up and running, listed below are a few:
– Getting the recommended seven to eight hours of sleep daily is an important part of staying healthy. Not getting enough rest wrecks your immune system because it prevents your body from recuperating.
– What you consume can also have an impact on your immune system. Garlic, ginger, lemon, turmeric and honey are a few natural immunity boosters. They contain antioxidants and antiviral properties that help strengthen your immune system.
– Exercise has an overall positive impact on our general health and wellbeing. A fitness routine not only improves the circulation of white bloods cells are important for immunity but also is an excellent opportunity to get some Vitamin D. A 20 minute walk 4-5 times a week can significantly boost your immune system and keep diseases at bay.
– Yoghurt contains Probiotics that strengthen the body’s immune system and help you fight off infection. Pair a portion of yoghurt with some fresh fruit for breakfast and you’ll get all of the vitamins and minerals that are essential to fighting of the cold and flu.
– Laughter is really the best medicine. Studies have improved that laughing and an overall happy and positive mood can boost your immune system.