Looking for a fun way to shed some pounds? You must have heard of Zumba by now. If you haven’t yet it’s a dance fitness program that involves both dance and aerobics and you can now learn it in Sri Lanka!
Here are a number of classes that you should check out in Colombo:
- In Rajagiriya, classes are available on Tuesday and Thursday from 6:00 PM to 7:00 PM by Nalinda Subasinhe.
- If you are looking for something in Hyde Park, on Thursdays from 6:30PM to 7:30pm, Asanka Atapattu teaches Zumba at the Nelung Art Centre. Call 0777 743324.
- Body Bar at No 3 Jawatte Avenue has a class taught by Rishma Faroog from 5:45 PM to 6:45 PM on Wednesdays. Call +94778464490 to find out more.
- D Fit in Colombo 5 has classes on almost every day conducted by Ramasamy Priyadarshan. Call 0094772005677 for more details.
- If you are looking for something in Colombo 7 in the morning, Nimesha Edirisinghe has classes on Tuesday evenings from 7:15 AM to 8:15 AM. Call +94 770 655 600 for more details.
- Looking for something on Galle road? St Peters College does classes every weekday from 5:30 PM to 6:30 PM and on Saturday mornings too. Give a ring on 00 94 77 77 27 537.
Has the close proximity of Zumba classes still not convinced you? Here are a few benefits to busting some moves and getting your Zumba on:
- You can lose from 600 to 1000 calories in a Zumba workout – and the best part is that you won’t even notice that you are losing all that weight.
- It’s the funnest way to getting rid of that weight. Really. No crunches, no push ups, just plain old fun.
- It’s the perfect way to get rid of stress. The constant movement will get your endorphins running and chasing your stress away. The best part is that you feel amazing for the rest of the day.
- You will tone up. Its something that we all need to get around to and moving your body to the music, all while doing squats will tone you up without you even realizing it.
- You will make friends. And really, what could be better than that?
You have no excuses anymore.