Sometimes eating less becomes spending more. Lots of diets come with such specific instructions on what you can put in your belly that they probably cost more to do. How do you lose weight on a budget? Your wallet doesn’t need to be full for your calorie count to be low. Here are a few ideas on how you can lose weight without losing the contents of your wallet:
- Shop at your local Sunday market or Pola. You’re bound to find fresh meat and produce at great prices!
- Look for discounts in newspapers, online, in magazines and even at your store. You might happen to get something for far less than you bargained for.
- Try to buy in bulk. Don’t purchase 1 kilo of rice, buy a bag of 10 for instance if you know you’ll use it that month. Bulk prices on anything are bound to cost less than small quantities.
- Buy vegetables and fruits when they are in season – this way you will have variety at different points of the year and be paying less by getting goods that are freely available at a given time.
- When it comes to meat, chances are your supermarket will be stacking various cuts and types with each meat. You could get a lower cost cut and still have all the flavor of the meat.